Historic Fort Wayne is Closed for the Winter! We will re-open for the Spring Flea Market on April 23, 2016, and be open through the spring and summer after that weekend.
Operating hours are Saturday and Sunday from 10am - 4pm, unless special hours are posted for and program listed in the Events page.
Secured, on-site parking is $5.00 per car.
Guided tours are optional and available for $5.00/ person. Expect the tour to last between 1 and 1.5 hours. It is a walking tour.
For information on guided tour availability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Museum of the Tuskegee Airmen is housed at Historic Fort Wayne. Their hours are often by appointment.
For your safety, the Detroit Recreation Department has the following information for visitors:
- At least one adult should accompany children on the Fort grounds.
- NO pets; Service animals are welcome.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- DO NOT ENTER or approach any building unless accompanied by a museum guide.
- NO metal detectors, digging and taking of artifacts.
- Picnicking is allowed, but NO barbecues, fires, or alcoholic beverages.
- Please place trash and litter in proper receptacles.
- NO fishing or swimming is permitted.
- The shoreline is a hazardous area, please stay 15 ft. from the river’s edge.
- Do not climb on anything or enter any fenced off areas.
Visitors are asked to report any vandalism observed to Fort Staff. Visitors will be held responsible for any damage they cause.